David Kleps has over 38 years of professional experience in the construction field. He has extensive experience with the Design/Build delivery method. Dave has worked on a wide range of new building, renovation, and expansion projects.
His accomplishments include over 100 completed projects ranging from $300,000 to $6,000,000. Examples of these industry projects include: commercial/industrial renovations and re-roofing, warehousing, manufacturing, distribution, and professional offices.
Dave came from Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, where he served as a manager of the Butler Buildings Division since 1982, and then later became the Vice President of Design/Build in 2001. He was responsible for nearly 3 million square feet of projects since 1982, and has estabilished himself as the area leader in Butler and Design/Build work. In 2018, Dave became the President of C2C Construction Solutions, LLC.
With his outstanding reputation, Dave also has a great rapport with owners, designers, subcontractors, and employees. With his technical, managerial, and interpersonal skills, Dave ensures that all projects are completed to the ultimate satisfaction of the client.
Feldmeier Equipment, Littler Falls, NY
This $3.7 Million new 44,000 sf Manufacturing Plant included pile-supported foundations measuring just 70' wide but is 600' long and nearly 50' in height. The building has (6) 15-ton bridge cranes for the manufacturing of stainless steel tanks for the Dairy & Beverage industry. This project also included a 2,000 sf office and employee support building.
ELG Utica Alloys-Steel recycling Facility, Herkimer, NY
This $2.3 Million project included a complete roof replacement, renovations to the 16,000 sf offices and plant restrooms, new truck access doors and truck scale, equipment foundations, and major mechanical and electrical work for the processing equipment.
FX Matt Brewery Co-Anaerobic Bio-Digester, Utica, NY
This $1.1 Million project included a 5,000 sf Pump House, and a 2,000 sf Bio-Gas Storage Building. This will enable the company to provide up to 50% of their electrical needs.
American Alloy Steel, Rome, NY
60,000 square-foot, $4.7 million design/build steel plant distribution facility and offices completed in 2009. 18,0000 square foot $1.2 million addition including two more 20-ton bridge cranes completed in 2012.
Matts Brewery, Utica, NY
$5.0 million renovation of canning area and 25,000 square-foot warehouse addition. The new addition connects the main plant and the existing garage and features geo-thermal wells for heating and cooling of the Warehous. A 4,000 sf covered Keg Platform was added along with (5) new loading docks.
Meyda Tiffany, Yorkville, NY - 1996 Warehouse and 2001 Warehouse, Office and Showroom expansion.
The 24,000 square-foot Warehouse in 1996 was Mr. Kleps' first project with this client. The high level of satisfaction with this project led to the negotiation of the 2001 83,000 square-foot, $3.0 million major expansion and renovation project.
Northern Safety Co., Frankfort, NY - Corporate Headquarters and Distribution Center
This $4.0 million, 90,000 square-foot office and distribution center completed in 1999 led to the 60,000 square-foot, design/build warehouse expansion two years later in 2001.
Tri Valley Beverage, Westmoreland, NY
Original 25,000 square-foot Beer Distribution facility and office, in 1985, expanded (3) times since original project, now totaling over 60,000 square-feet.
Utica Convertors, Utica, NY
96,000 square-foot Manufacturing Facility, leased through Butler Real Estate.
A.A.S. Degree in Construction Technology
State University of New York at Canton.
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Vice-President, Design/Build, 2001-Present
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Manager, Butler Buildings Division, 1982-2001
- Charles A. Gaetano Construction Corporation, Utica, New York - Estimator and Assistant Project Manager, 1979-1982
- Sysorex International, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Field Supervisor, 1978-1979
- Raiser Construction Company in San Mateo, CA -Draftsman-Coordinator, 1978-1978
- Riggalls Construction Inc. in Rome, NY - Draftsman-Estimator, 1977-1978
Affiliations & Awards
- Member Mohawk Valley Construction Industry Workforce Committee
- Past Board Member of Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) of NYS
- Recipient of (20) High Performance and (8) Million Dollar* sales awards from Butler Manufacturing Company
- Butler Career Builder designation; long term commitment to mutual relationship between Butler Manufacturing and Gaetano
- Member of Mohawk Valley Builders Exchange
- Member of Home Builders & Remodelers of the Mohawk Valley
Continuing Education / Training
- OSHA 10 Hour Course
- (AGC) Associated General Contractors, Advanced Project Management Course
- Butler Manufacturing, Various Sales, Product, Pricing Seminars